Between the mountains lay the second oldest town in South Africa, our beloved Stellenbosch! Dorp Street itself is a national monument, boasting with one of the longest rows of surviving old buildings.
- This museum consists of four houses, each of these beautiful homes represents a different time in the architectural development of Stellenbosch.
- The houses,their interiors and their gardens have been beautifully restored to illustrate the particular style and taste of the time.
- The unique private art collection of Anton and Huberte Rupert are showcased at this museum.
- There are also European work by leading sculptors on show.
Toy and Miniature Museum
- Can’t remember how it was in the days before electronic toys? Visit this museum for a trip down memory lane.
- From teddy bears and dolls, toy china tea sets to the miniature replicas of the original manor house of Uitkyk Wine Estate and the blue train.
Sasol Art Museum
- This art museum houses the Stellenbosch University’s collection of paintings, sculptures, graphic works as well as an anthropological collection.
VOC Kruithuis on The Braak
- A collection of weaponry, military uniforms as well as a cannon, that was last fired to acknowledge the flag of the new South African Republic, are housed in the Kruithuis.
Are you a Stellenbosch resident, tourist or visitor just passing by? Either or…make sure to visit these museums filled with history.